“Keitai (Mobile Phone/PHS) 2006 edition” survey report now available!
April 5, 2006
“Keitai (Mobile Phone/PHS) 2006 edition” report (Japanese version only) is released by Video Research Interactive, Inc., which provides Internet Audience data in Japan.
The report focuses on the “Usage of Mobile Phone as Media” and summarizes the Mobile Phone/PHS User Profile.
In addition to the User Profile, the survey items includes “Mobile Phone usage status”, “Awareness/usage of Mobile Phone site”, “Usage Time Slot by Mobile Phone/PHS function”, “Status of New Service penetration”, etc. The report covers the detailed information such as “when and how” the Mobile Phone/PHS are used by consumers.
Top line report from the survey result
- 91% of Mobile Phone/PHS owners use E-mail/SMS services and 40% accesses to Mobile Phone site more than once a week.
- Internet usage ratio of Packet Flat-rate subscribers is 69% which represents twice as high as that of non-subscribers (=35%).
- “21:00-22:00” is the peak time slot when the mail function is used most by M&F 12-19 years old.
- More than 50% of Mobile Phone/PHS owners are aware of number portability service*.
- Approximately 10% of Mobile Phone/PHS owners showed interest in changing their current telecommunications carrier to the others.
*Number portability service: The service that allows the Mobile phone/PHS users to use the current phone number even after they change the Mobile phone/PHS carrier.
Survey outline of “Keitai (Mobile Phone/PHS) 2006 edition”
|Respondents:||Owners of Mobile phone/PHS/Residents in Tokyo & 3 prefectures in Kanto area/Men & Women 12-59 years old (excluding elementary school students)|
|Number of respondents:||1,500s (Effective response 1,163, Response rate 77.5%)|
|Survey method:||Mail survey|
|Survey period:||January 16, 2006 (Mon) - January 22, 2006 (Sun)|
|Deliverables:|| 2 issues of Report
“Mobile phone usage report” (A4 size paper x 151 pages)
“Mobile phone web site profile report (A4 size paper x 65 pages)
*Analysis software available which allows to tabulate the entire survey items
Usage ratio of each function of Mobile phone/PHS
(Usage ratio among the respondents
who use Mobile phone/PHS at least once a week)
Time slot for Mail function usage by Men & Women 12-19 years old
Overall, women use mail function more aggressively than men.
Respondents aware of Number portability service/intention
to change Mobile phone/PHS carrier
|Video Research Interactive, Inc.|