Video Research Ltd. (the "Company", "we", "our" or "us") will contribute to society by providing many companies and groups, etc. with, and making proposals to the same based on, survey information which reflects the situations and opinions of consumers (survey respondents) based on fair and reliable survey activities and analysis in accordance with our new basic philosophy established on January 1, 2013: "Creating better communication activities for tomorrow by deriving knowledge and answers to connect consumers, media and companies based on fair data and reliable indicators."
1. Acquisition, Use and Provision of Personal Information
- Personal information will be acquired by lawful and fair means and the purposes of use thereof will be clearly established.
- Personal information will be used within the scope of the purposes of use agreed to by the owner of such personal information. Furthermore, the consent of the owner of such information will be obtained in advance when using such information beyond the scope necessary to accomplish the specified purposes of use.
- In principle, personal information will not be provided to any third party; however, if and when we do so, we will obtain the consent of the owner of the personal information in advance.
- Personal information will be managed in an accurate and up-to-date manner within the scope necessary to accomplish the purposes of use.
- Measures will be taken to handle personal information within the scope of the purposes of use expressed in advance and to avoid using the same for any other purpose.
2. Secure Management of Personal Information
- Personal information will be managed in a secure manner by taking organizational, human, physical and technological measures to safeguard against any unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification and leakage, etc. of any personal information, and corrections will be made in a continuous manner for such purpose.
3. Compliance with Laws, Regulations and Other Standards Concerning the Protection of Personal Information
- When handling personal information, we will comply with applicable laws and regulations, guidelines and other standards set forth by the government concerning the handling of personal information, as well as acting in compliance with the "Code of Conduct of Marketing Research" and the "Marketing Research Industry Personal Information Protection Guidelines" set forth by the Japan Marketing Research Association, of which we are a member.
4. Response to Inquiries and Complaints
- For inquiries and complaints regarding the Company's handling of personal information, please contact us via the telephone number, etc., listed under "Inquiries and Complaints Counter". We will promptly respond to requests from the owners of personal information which has been disclosed (or the representatives of such owners), regarding the notification, disclosure, correction, etc. (i.e. correction, supplementation or deletion of contents) of the purposes of use, or the suspension of use, etc. (i.e. suspension of use, deletion, or suspension of provision to a third party).
5. Ongoing Improvement of Personal Information Protection Management System
Enacted December 13, 2001
Revised September 20, 2013
Revised October 20, 2015
Video Research Ltd.
Video Research joins Japan Marketing Research Association as a full member, and conducts research in accordance with the "Code of Conduct of Marketing Research" of JMRA. We take great care in the use of personal information, and work to safeguard and maintain it.
|We acquired the "Privacy Mark" in December 2001, which is a credential symbol for companies that protect personal information.|