"Mobile 2004" English edition, Japanese Mobile Phone Marketing data.
November 16, 2004
Video Research Ltd. is pleased to issue the "Mobile
2004" report which has summarized the usage of Mobile phones in Japan.
We, Video Research wish the marketers utilize "Mobile 2004" report as marketing handbook and your support tool.
||35-km radius of Tokyo metropolitan area|
||Males and females aged between 12-59 (excluding elementary school
who use a mobile phone (either regular mobile phone or PHS).
of valid samples
|1,202 ss (80.1% completion rate)|
||Nov. 19 (Wed.) to Dec. 3 (Wed.), 2003
*Diary questionnaires were filled out between Nov. 24 (holiday) and Nov. 30 (Sun.), 2003
1. Mobile Phone Trends in Japan
- Mobile Phone Penetration
- The History of Mobile Phones
- Emerging Trends
2.Usage of Mobile Phone Devices (Mobile Phone Usage Status)
- Mobile phone carrier
- Mobile phone manufacturer/Use frequency of each function
- Duration of mobile phone use/ Monthly fees for mobile phone use
- Use frequency, times, location, of each functions (phone, e-mail, browsing)
- Timing of opening e-mail
- Quantity and type of E-mail magazine
- Number and type of website visited
- Number of pay sites visited/ Amount spent per month on pay sites
- Important consideration when selecting a mobile phone carrier/ handset
- Corporate image of mobile phone carriers
- Mobile phone functions and services desired in the future
3.Mobile Phone Usage Times (Usage Times per function)
Diary survey on mobile phone usage: respondents asked
to record mobile phone usage per each function and location every 15 minutes
for one week.
Period: Monday, November 24 to Sunday, November 30 in 2003
"Mobile 2004, Japanese Mobile Phone Marketing data"
(PDF file, B4 83 pages)
Price: Yen 300,000 (before tax)
For any queries, please contact Tom Umeda or Joe Yamashiro at firstname.lastname@example.org