Video Research Ltd. (the "Company", "we", "our" or "us") will contribute to society by providing many companies and groups, etc. with, and making proposals to the same based on, survey information which reflects the situations and opinions of consumers (survey respondents) based on fair and reliable survey activities and analysis in accordance with our new basic philosophy established on January 1, 2013: "Creating better communication activities for tomorrow by deriving knowledge and answers to connect consumers, media and companies based on fair data and reliable indicators."
1. Acquisition, Use and Provision of Personal Information
- ・Personal information will be acquired by lawful and fair means and the purposes of use thereof will be clearly established.
- ・Personal information will be used within the scope of the purposes of use agreed to by the owner of such personal information. Furthermore, the consent of the owner of such information will be obtained in advance when using such information beyond the scope necessary to accomplish the specified purposes of use.
- ・In principle, personal information will not be provided to any third party; however, if and when we do so, we will obtain the consent of the owner of the personal information in advance.
- ・Personal information will be managed in an accurate and up-to-date manner within the scope necessary to accomplish the purposes of use.
- ・Measures will be taken to handle personal information within the scope of the purposes of use expressed in advance and to avoid using the same for any other purpose.
2. Secure Management of Personal Information
Personal information will be managed in a secure manner by taking organizational, human, physical and technological measures to safeguard against any unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification and leakage, etc. of any personal information, and corrections will be made in a continuous manner for such purpose.
3. Compliance with Laws, Regulations and Other Standards Concerning the Protection of Personal Information
When handling personal information, we will comply with applicable laws and regulations, guidelines and other standards set forth by the government concerning the handling of personal information, as well as acting in compliance with the "Code of Conduct of Marketing Research" and the "Marketing Research Industry Personal Information Protection Guidelines" set forth by the Japan Marketing Research Association, of which we are a member.
4. Response to Inquiries and Complaints
For inquiries and complaints regarding the Company's handling of personal information, please contact us via the telephone number, etc., listed under "Inquiries and Complaints Counter". We will promptly respond to requests from the owners of personal information which has been disclosed (or the representatives of such owners), regarding the notification, disclosure, correction, etc. (i.e. correction, supplementation or deletion of contents) of the purposes of use, or the suspension of use, etc. (i.e. suspension of use, deletion, or suspension of provision to a third party).
5. Ongoing Improvement of Personal Information Protection Management System
- 1. Video Research hereby acquires and uses personal information subject to the consent of the respondents.
- 2. Concerning the handling of personal information, Video Research hereby strictly maintains such personal information in confidence.
- 3. Video Research hereby conducts surveys of children (of junior high school age or under) subject to the approval of cooperation by their parents or guardians.
- 4. Video Research hereby complies with any law concerning the protection of personal information.
1. Acquisition and Use of Personal Information
- ・Irrespective of the survey method, when being provided with your personal information, the Company will conduct the survey after clearly notifying you of the purpose of use and obtaining your consent.
- ・The survey methods cover a wide range, including methods by making home visits, by phone or mail by e-mail, or through the Internet, by group interviews or central location test systems or by street interviews.
- ・If surveys are conducted independently by the Company or at the request of a specified company or organization, the same steps will be taken for acquiring and using personal information.
- ・Any personal information provided to the Company will be used within the scope necessary for the purpose of use of which the Company informs you.
- ・For surveys conducted through the Internet, if methods that you may not be directly aware of, such as cookies, are used, the Company will give you prior notice of such methods before conducting the survey.
- ・In addition, if your e-mail address, etc. is obtained, the Company will strictly manage it and will not use it for any purpose other than the purpose of use.
- ・ Any personal information provided to the Company will be organized as statistical data, and the Company assures you that no information that may identify an individual, such as your name, will be disclosed.
- ・All surveys are conducted on a discretionary basis, and therefore you are free to cooperate in them at your own discretion. No personal information will be obtained from you without your prior consent.
- ・The Company will not use any information provided in a survey for the “sale and promotion of products and services.
2. Handling of Personal Information
- ・The Company will not provide any personal information provided by you to any third party. If such personal information is expected to be provided to any third party, the Company will obtain your consent in advance.
- ・Any personal information obtained in a survey will be strictly maintained and duly destroyed after a certain period of time (approximately one year).
- ・Please note that the Company may outsource services associated with surveys and services, such as aggregation and analyses, to an outside company. In this case, the Company will strictly manage and supervise the handling of personal information by such company.
- ・Any questionnaire or interview with children (of junior high school age or under) will be conducted subject to the prior approval by their parents or guardians (prior to the commencement of the survey).
Compliance with Laws concerning the Protection of Personal Information
The Company, which is a member of the Japan Marketing Research Association (JMRA), will comply with the marketing research guidelines. Further, the Company will comply with the “Marketing Research Industry Personal Information Protection Guidelines” established by JMRA, as well as other laws and regulations; review the personal information protection management system within the Company, from time to time; and endeavor to enhance the management of personal information.
We at Video Research Ltd. (hereinafter the "Company") consider the protection of our customers' privacy and personal information (hereinafter "Personal Information") to be a basic principle of our business activities, as well as our social responsibility.
In recent years, we have been working to respond to the handling of information technologies, starting with the internet, as follows. You may view most of the content on this website without your personal information being collected; however, part of the content may be viewed only after personal information has been collected.
The Company protects personal information in conformity with JIS and is authorized to be issued marks of confidence for privacy by the Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community (JIPDEC).
- 1. The use of personal information collected by this website is limited to the scope necessary to improve our services and to provide services that meet the needs of our customers.
- 2. We will take reasonable security measures on technical and organizational levels with regard to the risk of loss, falsification, and leakage, etc., of the Personal Information acquired by this website, and rigorously manage its storage.
We use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology as a security measure when collecting personal information. In doing so, the transmission is encrypted when Personal Information you input is sent to the server and prevents against leakage.
- 3. Personal Information of persons who have accessed this website will not be disclosed or provided to any third party.
However, this will not apply in cases where you have given consent or when disclosure is required by law.
- 4. The Company observes all laws and regulations concerning Personal Information and industry guidelines, and acts in conformance with internal company regulations.
Google Analytics, Site-Centric Measurement
Websites operated by the Company make use of a technology known as "Cookies" and "Google Analytics" site-centric measurement, as well as the "Video Research Site-Centric Measurement" developed by the Company.
The Company uses this statistical data to gain an understanding of the usage situation of the website and uses it as reference data for the creation of web pages which are easier to use, and will not use it for any other purpose.
Moreover, the information obtained by this system includes information such as access count, access route, operating system and browser type, and contains no information that could be used to identify an individual.
Revised in January 2013